Monday, October 23, 2006

A missive from R.J. Harlick -

The RendezVous Crime Spree has been on the road for two weekends now. Rick Bechta, Barbara Fradkin and myself have signed at various bookstores in Ottawa, Montreal, Perth, Peterborough, Kingston, Belleville and Brockville. It's been a 'if it's Friday then we must be in ......' sort of schedule. But although it has been busy and a little bit tiring, we've met some terrific people and have signed lots of books, many of them intended as Christmas presents for family and friends.

I will say it is quite a thrill to have someone come up and say "You signed your first book for me. I can't wait to get a personally signed copy of your new book." This past weekend we stayed at Barbara's cottage, which gave us a peaceful break from our hectic schedule. Next weekend we hit points west of Toronto, such as Guelph, Kitchener and London.

The three of us have taken pictures which we’ll get up on the site as soon as we have a chance to take a breath.

And our busy fall continues

Barbara Fradkin and I have more signings planned with our new releases of ‘Honour Among Men’ and ‘Red Ice for a Shroud’.

Sun. Nov. 5, 2006 - 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm at Rideau Chapters in Ottawa

Sat. Nov 25, 2006 - 11:00 am to 1:00 pm at Books on Beechwood in Ottawa

And Mitchell Caplan of CHUO 89.1 will be interviewing the both of us on his radio show ‘Click Here’ on Wed. Nov. 22, 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm.

I also have another radio interview scheduled for Thurs. Dec. 14, 6:30 pm on Jane Crosier’s wonderful show Literary Landscapes on CKCU, 93.1 FM

I mustn’t forget to remind Quebec readers of my Quebec launch for 'Red Ice for a Shroud' on Fri. Nov 3, 7:00 pm at La Foret La Blanche Nature Reserve in Mayo QC. There will be a reading and author signings, nibbles and a cash bar and, of course, lots of books.

And on Sat. Nov. 4, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm I will be signing 'Red Ice for a Shroud' at the Bake and Craft Fair in the Royal Legion Hall in Buckingham QC - That'll be me sandwiched between the pickle jars and lace doilies. I did it a couple of years ago when 'Death's Golden Whisper' came out and had a terrific time. Met lots of interesting people from the area where my cottage is and upon which the setting for the Meg Harris series is based.

That’s it for the moment. But I’m busy organizing other events, so shall let you know once they are confirmed.

Hope to see you at one of my signings.

No comments: