Wednesday, October 31, 2007



Calgary, Alberta, Oct. 30, 2007.

Steven Owad launched his new novel, Brother's Keeper, at McNally Robinson's bookstore in Calgary. Bestselling thriller writer Jeff Buick was on hand to introduce the author, and other special guests included award-winning memoirist Gordon Cope, Steven's daughter Sara, Democratic Party luminary Hillary Clinton and the Dalai Lama.

All copies of Brother's Keeper were sold shortly before crowbar-wielding henchmen infiltrated the party, mistaking it for an Alberta Oil Royalty Review Commission meeting.

Injuries were minor, though Buick was later found wandering the streets of his Willow Park neighborhood wearing only pajama bottoms and muttering, "I did the best I could, I did the best I could."

McNally Robinson Events Coordinator Thor Maxiflex told the Calgary Herald, "It was just awful. We was all there slobbering over this killer author, and these fellas jump in and act like we're some scum from over there in Ontario or something."

"I never seen Owad so scared," Cope told the National Post. "It was like the time he figured out that clothes can get stuck in the escalator. I gotta put this in my next book."

Police Spokesperson I. Hangem assured McNally Robinson that the incident will be investigated with a sense of haste befitting such a tragic affair, right after they finish installing those new Parkomat machines on 4th Avenue.

No comments: